Health Unit Coordinator
Acts as receptionist, patient flow facilitator and communication coordinator for ACU/ICU/Family Birth Units, Coordinates the health care support for the patients.
- Greets all patients, family members, vendors and visitors in person and by phone.
- Creates and maintains electronic medical charts for all incoming patients and processes admission, discharge and transfer data into the computer.
- Maintains the nursing station and other areas in the unit in optimum working condition with supplies.
- Acts as an assistant to the providers, managing phone calls and assisting with facilitation of patient information and provider processes.
- Maintains department files, records, forms, documents, and policies.
- Retrieves patients' previous medical records.
- Requests records from other facilities as directed by physician.
- Manage, maintain and troubleshoot schedules, may include follow up appointments for patients before discharge.