Michigan Area Manager/chief Perfusionist, Bronson Hospital
Promoted through ranks from initial role as Per Diem Traveling Perfusionist to manage scheduling and daily operations for all auto-transfusion and cardiac accounts in Michigan. Recruited, hired, and led team of 25+ perfusionists and clinical technologists. Monitored and presented quality indicators to hospital administrators, surgeons, and medical directors. Served on HCSG Perfusion Advisory Board, as Quality Preceptor for Joint Commission readiness and compliance, and as Chief Perfusionist at Bronson Hospital.
- Reduced intra-operative blood usage by 40% at primary hospital by instituting blood management protocol in cardiac surgery.
- Secured Joint Commission accreditation and finding-free inspections for each and every Michigan account as Quality Preceptor ensuring compliance with credentialing and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated expertise in heart lung machines, cardiac assist devices, cell savers, and dialysis/renal replacement machines with ~600 open-heart procedures performed each year.
- Contributed to inventory and billing improvements by participating in Six Sigma process improvement project.
- Played key role in driving organizational growth by working with sales team to acquire/renew contracts.
- Recognized consistently for best practice implementations, quality standards, and customer service.