Transported patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support areas via wheelchair, stretcher or beds as requested to include transport of patients with oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, drips and special equipment.
- Ensured proper oxygen levels in tanks before transporting patient.
- Approached, greeted and offer assistance and direction to patients and visitors in the hospital environment.
- Communicated to nursing personnel, clinician, technician or reception of patient's arrival and departure.
- Verified correct patient identification by comparing information from pager to patient wristband; obtains correct medical chart; verifies proper mode of transportation and confirms standard precautions.
- Disinfected and maintained par levels of equipment throughout the hospital.
- Identified malfunctioning ambulatory equipment and reports to appropriate department for repair or replacement.
- Rounded throughout the hospital environment for departmental equipment and delivering to the appropriate staggering area.
- Performed environmental/safety checks and documents as required. Other duties as assigned.
- Loaded and unloaded all types of vehicles and bulk materials including; semi-truck trailers and box trucks. Load and unload supplies and other commodities shipped from facility.