Researched and analyzed state laws, regulations, and insurance department guidelines, applying policy text, company practices, filings, and hypothetical / factual situations. Drafted new and revised policy text and related contract forms to comply with state laws. Prepared, submitted, and responded to any objections from insurance departments regarding product filings.
- Submitted new products for approval for multiple states, meeting project deadlines consistently.
- Cultivated effective working relationship with state and federal regulators.
- Prepared and submitted state required regulatory reports, verifying company compliant with state requirements, avoiding unnecessary fines.
- Researched and analyzed new state laws and regulations; produced summaries and / or action plans for updated regulations, ensuring new requirements applied.
- Selected as trainer for compliance analysts and troubleshooter for electronic filing system and System for Electronic Rate and Form Filings (SERFF); assisted new hires in understanding compliance policies and procedures.