Enlisted to compile and examine financial information to facilitate month, quarter, and annual close. Prepared SEC filings for 10K and 10Q and conducted technical accounting research. Led variance analysis and forecasting activities for complex store pre-opening process encompassing $3M in expenses and monthly operating costs totaling $50M. Established formal account reconciliation processes in accordance with SOX requirements for internal controls. Participated in internal/external audits and provided in-depth competitor evaluation.
- Spearheaded automation of SG&A leverage reports, reducing time needed for closing procedures by 75%.
- Extended capitalization period during pre-opening process, resulting in $100K+ capitalized interest.
- Reengineered store operating profit reporting to provide constructive monitoring tool, identifying multiple areas with opportunity for growth.
- Isolated gross margin allocation errors and corrected misleading report by 300 basis points.
- Reviewed 2010 IT capital projects and supplied constructive cost/benefit analysis.