General Ledger Accountant Cover Letter
General ledger accountants perform a diverse array of accounting tasks to ensure business’ financial transactions are accurately and fully accounted for in accordance with internal policies and regulatory guidelines. Typical work activities include reconciling balance sheets and accounts, producing financial reports, analyzing and entering data, and resolving discrepancies. Excellent analytical, organization, and project management skills are all highly advantageous to success in this position, as is a commitment to meticulous accuracy.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- General ledger reconciliation
- Financial reporting
- Month-end and year-end closing
- General ledger maintenance
- Journal entries
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Profit and loss
- Variance analysis
- Problem-solving and issue resolution
- Sarbanes Oxley and regulatory compliance
- Account activity monitoring
Please find an example of a cover letter for a general ledger accountant below including relevant skills and experience.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Simon:
As an accomplished and highly skilled senior accountant with extensive experience accurately performing a range of responsibilities to ensure corporate transactions are properly accounted for, I am well positioned to exceed expectations as Floodlight’s next general ledger accountant.
From accounts payable/receivable and accounts reconciliation to financial data analysis and financial reporting, I excel in strategically managing all aspects of corporate, property, and financial accounting. My demonstrated success – along with my expertise in adhering to regulatory and policy guidelines – prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Excelling as a senior accountant with Systems Motion Inc. for the past seven years, preparing more than 35 general ledger balance sheet reconciliations, including the company’s $6.2M operational bank account
- Accurately and expeditiously facilitating accounting processes – spanning audits, invoice and billing collection, journal entries, and balance sheet reconciliation – while providing a superior level of service and support to realize optimal financial performance
- Played a key role in monthly financial close activities by analyzing and reviewing balance sheet accounts and ensuring accurate recording of all financial transactions
- Collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams – including payroll, AP/AR, and external auditors – to drive maximum productivity and efficiency
- Excelling within time-sensitive, fast-paced atmospheres while resolving issues and ensuring compliance with internal policies and Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines
- Earning a bachelor of science in accounting from the University of West Virginia; credentialed as a CPA
With my experience in general ledger accounting operations, combined with my superior analytical and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing how I am prepared to make a strong contribution in this role. Thank you for your consideration.
Arnette W. Mease