Learning And Development Manager Cover Letter
Learning and development managers oversee training and development of staff in large corporations. Identifying training needs, developing curricula and structured courses, writing training materials, leading training and development programs and classes, and conducting post-training reviews are all responsibilities typically performed in this role. Superior problem-solving, analytical, and presentation talents are all essential to success as a learning and development manager.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Program planning and development
- Short- and long-range planning
- Competency and technical skill gaps
- Traditional and web-based training
- Course development and leadership
- Curriculum design and development
- Needs analysis
- Quality assurance
- E-learning techniques
- Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Process improvement and change management
- Relationship and partnership building
- Budget administration
- Team building and leadership
Below you will find an example of a cover letter for a learning and development manager detailing relevant abilities, experience, and credentials.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Tillmon:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the learning and development manager position you are seeking to fill. As an accomplished HR professional with extensive experience and finely honed abilities in staff training and development, I possess a breadth of knowledge and talents that will allow me to contribute toward the success of Kamikaze Industries.
My expertise includes successfully identifying corporate training needs, creating learning programs, and implementing hands-on and e-learning strategies for major companies including Tricyclon, Bagnelia, and Leopard. Throughout my career, I have demonstrated a keen ability to anticipate and evaluate learning and development needs and roll out curricula and courses to achieve corresponding objectives. Furthermore, my outstanding presentation, communication, and leadership talents position me to make a significant contribution to your corporation.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Directing all facets of staff leadership and development – including curriculum design, material development, e-learning and software implementation, and post-training analysis/review – to measurably improve and expand staff skill sets and achieve corporate objectives
- Excelling as the senior learning and development consultant for Willow Inc. for the past 13 years, integrating critical training experiences into people-planning processes to support development planning for 600+ employees across all levels
- Planning and executing a high-level management training program for high-performing personnel to advanced skill development
- Performing continual process improvement by keenly evaluating training results using KPIs
- Establishing solid and trusting partnerships through exceptional relationship-building skills; utilizing solid communication and interpersonal abilities to secure employee, client, and management trust
- Administering a $3.2M learning and development budget and supervising a team of 19 L&D specialists and analysts
My proven dedication to optimizing organizational success through my expert knowledge of learning and development strategies and techniques will contribute immensely to the success of Kamikaze Industries. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Lucille B. Martin