Legal Administrator Cover Letter
Legal administrators provide comprehensive clerical assistance to attorneys and paralegals, handling a full spectrum of administrative responsibilities to streamline operations and enable legal staff to focus on direct client service. Typical work tasks include conducting legal research, drafting correspondence and court submissions, managing complex calendars, and interacting professionally with clients to ensure exceptional client service. Strong communication, time management, and problem-solving talents are all beneficial in this position.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Drafting motions, responses, contracts, and agreements
- Legal research and review
- Preparing court pleadings
- Client invoices and billing
- Case records management
- Memorandum and correspondence
- Calendar and schedule management
- Client service excellence
- Process and procedure improvement
- Client matrix maintenance
- Administrative support
Please find below an example of a cover letter for a legal administrator highlighting similar abilities, qualifications, and experience.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Becker:
As a skilled legal assistant with dynamic experience drafting legal documents, performing in-depth research, and providing comprehensive administrative support to attorneys, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. I am confident that you will find my dedication and enthusiastic attitude to be of value to your law firm as your next legal administrator.
My experience in providing overarching legal assistance has prepared me to make a significant contribution to Michaelson, Daniels & Mitchum LLC. My background includes successfully handling case research, documentation, pleadings, and reports, as well as interacting with courts and clients to facilitate streamlined legal operations. Additionally, my superior communication, organization, and analytical talents are certain to render me an immediate asset to your office.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Assisting 31 attorneys and paralegals as a legal administrative specialist with Conway & Dutton LLP for the past nine years, preparing spreadsheets and legal agreements, drafting correspondence, taking meeting minutes, maintaining client files and billing, managing attorney calendars, and producing memorandum for supervising attorneys – all with a sharp eye on confidentiality and discretion
- Conducting deep legal research using a variety sources into topics such as jurisprudence, Albania laws, and investments to prepare motions, contracts, and responses
- Preparing court pleadings, drafting submissions, and producing counter claims pertaining to divorce and defamation matters
- Liaising effectively and professionally between clients and attorneys, serving as the chief point of contact for the firm
- Attaining certification as a paralegal from San Diego State University in 2010
- Establishing solid and trusting relationships through exceptional interpersonal skills
With my finely honed skills in general legal support, accompanied by my core strengths in legal research, court interactions, and client service, I am well positioned to vastly exceed your expectations for this role. It will be a pleasure to offer more insight into my qualifications, and I look forward to meeting with you soon. Thank you for your consideration.
Hattie M. Williams