Medical Receptionist Cover Letter
Medical Receptionists are responsible for liaising between doctors and patients and updating patient records. Common job duties of a Medical Receptionist are welcoming guests, taking phone calls, handling the correspondence, gathering patient information, collecting payments, and preparing receipts. Besides billing they are also required to process insurance.
A cover letter for Medical Receptionist should make display of the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures
- Computer literacy and the ability to use relevant software
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Multitasking and the ability to work under pressure
- Information collection and management skills
An example Medical Receptionist cover letter showcasing similar assets is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Receptionist Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Dr. Johnson:
As an experienced administrative professional, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your posting. With a strong knowledge base in handling patient scheduling and high-volume multi-line phone systems, I am prepared to excel as your next Medical Receptionist.
Through success in coordinating medical charts, patient records, and appointment scheduling functions—as well as providing outstanding general administrative support—I am well versed in the nuances of the medical industry. I adeptly manage a high volume of administrative tasks daily while simultaneously delivering excellent patient service.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Experience preparing documents, managing patient files, scheduling appointments, and organizing medical charts and materials while maintaining first-rate level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to manage patient information and medical records while ensuring adherence to strict regulatory mandates such as HIPAA.
- Communicating effectively with physicians, nurses, medical assistants, and senior management staff to facilitate highly efficient and productive medical office operations.
- Extensive secretarial / administrative background with strong abilities in full range of support tasks such as phone coverage, filing, and database management.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization, interpersonal, and communication skills; exceptional computer abilities with extensive software proficiencies.
Furthermore, my detail-oriented nature and ability to effectively collaborate with other team members offer additional skills essential to this position. I believe I would be a great asset to your team and look forward to hearing from you to discuss how I may contribute to your goals. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Crystal S. Simpson