Medical Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
Medical Administrative Assistants coordinate activities in a clinical office and ensure the smooth running of various operations. Most of the duties performed by Medical Administrative Assistants are clerical, but they can also be expected to handle some basic clinical duties. Responsibilities include: greeting visitors, collecting patient information, directing patients to exam rooms, sending specimens to the laboratory, maintaining daily schedule, answering to client inquiries, handling the correspondence, attending clinical meetings, updating patient information, and ordering supplies.
Examples of qualifications mentioned in a typical Medical Administrative Assistant cover letter include:
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Organization and planning
- Customer service skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Fast typing and computer skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Those interested in a Medical Administrative Assistant position can check relevant skills in the sample cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Administrative Assistant Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Byler:
Upon learning of your search for an experienced Medical Administrative Assistant, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. As a personable, efficient, and highly organized professional with proven expertise in general administrative support in medical settings, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your office’s goals and objectives.
My experience includes nine years of performing diverse administrative tasks to ensure seamless office operations in various health care facilities. From updating patient records and verifying insurance coverage to scheduling patients and maintaining supply levels, I excel at facilitating optimal patient experiences while simultaneously maximizing office productivity and efficiency.
A few of my professional achievements include…
- Performing comprehensive administrative activities—including phone coverage, correspondence, front desk support, records maintenance, and billing functions—while adhering to internal procedures and HIPPA regulations.
- Possessing a strong grasp of extensive medical terminology as well as a diversified proficiency in various technological programs.
- Holding a solid work ethic while demonstrating an unwavering commitment to delivering outstanding support within fast-paced, patient-centric environments.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization, interpersonal, and communication skills.
My skills in general administrative support—coupled with my collaborative abilities, reliability, and positive attitude—position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. I would be pleased to offer more insight into my qualifications. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Jonathan I. Eugene