Plane Captain (aircraft Technician)
Responsible for the launch, recovery, servicing, inspection and scheduled/unscheduled maintenance of P-3 Orion aircraft. Examined and inspected aircraft components to locate potential or existing problems. Tested the operation of engines and other systems, using a variety of test equipment. Read and interpreted maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications. Inspected completed work to ensure maintenance standards. Maintained repair logs, documenting all preventative and corrective aircraft maintenance.
- Achieved full qualification as Plane Captain in less than 6 months.
- Earned Auxiliary Power Unit Operator qualifications in 3 months.
- Supervised and mentored 4 trainees, ensuring that all daily and special aircraft inspections were performed while assisting in qualifying plane captains.
- Handled all secondary duties while still performing as top-rated Plane Captain.
- Earned work center Collateral Duty Inspector in Less than six months.