Field Service Engineer Cover Letter
Field Service Engineers are mainly responsible for installing, repairing, troubleshooting and servicing various types of electronic, mechanical or computerized equipment for a wide range of industries. They spend their days on the road traveling from one client location to the next, though may be required to go to a central office or shop to attend meetings, replenish inventory or receive ongoing training or new products or updated procedures. Field Service Engineers might also train clients on the use of equipment. Generating service reports, maintaining inventory of parts and creating preventive maintenance schedules are all additional responsibilities that might fall to a Field Service Engineer.
Below, you will find a list of skills that are commonly mentioned in a Field Service Engineer cover letter:
- Technical/mechanical knowledge
- Troubleshooting capabilities
- Problem solving abilities
- Customer service skills
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Oral/written communications
- Time management
Find out how these required abilities and skills can be discussed by studying the sample Field Service Engineer cover letter appearing below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Field Service Engineer Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Hynes:
Enclosed please find my resume, which I am sending in consideration for your post about an open Field Services Engineer position at your facility. You will find that my past experience and training corresponds with the requirements listed in your post.
My abilities relevant to the position you are offering include extensive knowledge of reading schematics, blueprints and wiring diagrams and proficiency with various types of calibration, analytical and monitoring instrumentation and systems. I have a professional background in servicing equipment in medical, manufacturing and computer industries.
I am able to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair electronic systems in a timely manner. I have also installed this type of equipment and upgraded existing systems for various clients. In addition, I bring strong customer service skills and the ability to train individuals on new electronic systems.
My skills and qualifications are further highlighted below:
- Created and managed preventive maintenance program for all CT equipment for Hospital Homeservices
- Developed all training manuals and materials and led training program for clients to learn electronic systems for Green Puff Industries
- Worked with a team of eight Field Service Engineers to disassemble, move and reassemble over 30 calibrating machines for Spectra Systems
- Served as lead Field Service Engineer in the installation and maintenance of mass spectrometry systems for the main location of Enjola Systems
- Awarded Associate of Applied Science in Electronic Engineering Technology from Kent State University
My background and accomplishments display highly developed troubleshooting, organizational and analytical skills needed for success in this field and that would prove beneficial to your position. Also, my experience in preventive maintenance scheduling and processes ensures that your equipment will see a reduction in down time and resulting production loss.
I am available to discuss my qualifications and professional experience in person.
Thank you for your consideration.
David M. Cox