Service Desk Cover Letter
Service Desks work in the information technology field and are responsible for providing support to staff and clients using information technologies. A Service Desk’s main responsibilities include ensuring customer satisfaction, operating in incident management systems, troubleshooting reported problems, adhering to organization policies, training staff on information technology issues, liaising with change management and senior management, creating reports and statistics, and completing human resources activities when needed.
A successful Service Desk cover letter sample should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Technical and troubleshooting skills
- Computer competences
- Customer service orientation
- Problem solving abilities
- Attention to details and good observational skills
- Being able to work under pressure
- Effective communication
A well-written Service Desk cover letter example showcasing relevant job assets is provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Service Desk Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Levenson:
Upon review of your posting for a new Tech Specialist to join your Service Desk team, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As a highly skilled and service-oriented professional with comprehensive experience in hardware and software support, troubleshooting, and configuration, I am confident that I would significantly contribute to the success of your company’s goals.
My background consists of more than seven years of excellent experience gathering and analyzing client needs and data, implementing strategic products and services, and supporting users through software installations and server migrations. My solid communication and problem-solving skills allow me to excel in supporting fellow team members and end users through all facets of project life cycles and ensuring optimal technical experiences.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Resolving technical application issues for more than 275 end users as a key member of the technical support team for Pizzazz.
- Managing up to 12 simultaneous troubleshooting and/or configuration projects for operations, telecom, information systems, and account management teams; supporting upgrades and product implementations for cross-functional corporate divisions.
- Achieving a 12% boost in user productivity by securely administering cloud servers.
- Documenting 60+ user troubleshooting guides to improve training protocol and minimize downtime.
- Recording and tracking customer tickets, assessing status and timelines, and streamlining operations for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Providing essential consultative support and building key user relationships through effective interpersonal, organizational, and leadership abilities.
With a proven track record of supporting comprehensive tech service needs for end users, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role and substantially benefit your team. I look forward to discussing the position in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Jonathan D. Durkin