Assistant: to 3 fifth grade teachers on a daily rotating basis: working with small groups, occasionally teaching whole class lessons, working with struggling students one-on-one, working with ESL students
- Working alongside teachers and students through the International Baccalaureate program helping to ensure comprehension and progress are being met while incorporating the CCSS
- Responsible for working with the teachers in encouraging student enthusiasm for the learning process and the development of good work/study habits
- Responsible for working with the teachers in providing progress through authentic observations.
- Utilizing effective oral feedback about students' progress
- Responsible for working with the teachers in recognizing learning problems and assisting in making referrals as appropriate alongside the teacher
- Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share this knowledge for continual improvement of best use strategies in the classroom