Territory Manager Cover Letter
Territory Managers are sales professionals responsible for operations in a given geographical area. Their main role is to increase revenue by applying effective sales methods. Specific responsibilities for this position include the following: developing sales strategies, aligning sales operations with company objectives, managing staff, implementing sales programs, monitoring employee performance, reporting to senior managers, and managing employee appraisal systems.
A successful Territory Manager should be able to demonstrate the following abilities in his or her cover letter:
- Sales abilities
- Managerial skills
- Persuasion and effective communication
- Self-confidence and presentation skills
- Strategic planning
- Computer competences
- Problem-solving orientation and creativity
- Commercial awareness
Those interested in a Territory Manager position can check relevant job skills in the example cover letter provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Territory Manager Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Territory Manager, check out our more complete Territory Manager Job Description.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Bey:
Upon discovering your posting for a new Territory Manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and motivated retail professional with 10+ years of experience coupled with exceptional leadership and interpersonal abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to JackRabbit’s goals in this role.
My background includes leading multi-unit retail operations, teams, and processes across assigned territories to drive business and customer service success. From supervising store managers and uncovering new business opportunities to driving innovative marketing/merchandising strategies and surpassing sales quotas, I excel at managing teams, coordinating comprehensive logistical issues, and stimulating superior levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Overseeing day-to-day operations for nine LeBalm, Inc. retail stores across Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine with combined sales totalling more than $3.8M.
- Increasing territory retail sales by $862,000 and territorial retail profits by $312,000 between 2011 and 2015.
- Orchestrating comprehensive territory management responsibilities for LeBalm, such as operational leadership, human resources functions, process improvement, and budgeting.
- Coaching, developing, and directing nine Store Managers, with indirect responsibility for 48 store employees.
- Demonstrating solid time management, communication, and multitasking skills to excel within fast-paced, customer-facing environments.
- Earning a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Retail Management from the City University of Boston.
My skills in territorial retail operations and team leadership have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment at JackRabbit. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Haley S. Ryan