Regional Sales Manager Cover Letter
Regional Sales Managers coordinate a company’s sales activities in a given geographical area. Typical duties of a Regional Sales Manager include recruiting and guiding employees, setting sales objectives, developing strategies and plans, preparing annual budgets, implementing training programs, monitoring staff performance, liaising with product developers and resellers, and updating their job knowledge by taking part to educational opportunities.
Those interested in a Regional Sales Manager position should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Selling skills and persuasion
- Networking and good interpersonal skills
- Supervisory and coaching abilities
- Time management and multitasking
- Commercial awareness
- Business acumen
- Attention to details
Below is displayed a sample cover letter for Regional Sales Managers demonstrating comparable skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Regional Sales Manager Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Walker:
Success in the world of sales requires perseverance, a profit-driven focus, and honed interpersonal skills. As an experienced sales professional with a strong history of managing client relationships and drastically increasing revenues, I stand in a prime position to significantly contribute to your objectives as your next Regional Sales Manager.
My experience in securing new customers and outperforming regional sales goals—as well as nurturing beneficial account relationships—positions me to substantially impact the sales performance of your company. By leveraging an insightful ability to quickly uncover customer needs and implement consultative sales solutions, I excel at connecting with chief decision makers to quickly build profitable and lasting partnerships and achieve sustained revenue growth.
Please consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Partnering with VP of Sales and Director of Sales to exceed overall market share and sales objectives across a 5-state territory as the Territory Manager for MarketNet (2005-2014); consistently outperforming corporate sales and revenue goals through the development of aggressive and successful business initiatives and effective promotional plans.
- Successfully realizing more than $11M in total annual sales and achieving consistent distinction as one of the nation’s top producers; maintaining an average of 42% annual gross increase in sales for 7 consecutive years.
- Inducted into President’s Club, reserved for the top 25 out of 350 sales leaders nationwide.
- Directly managed all bid preparations and contract negotiations and acquired a deserved reputation for closing nearly impossible sales deals.
- Forging trusting and enduring relationships with customers, executive management, and peers to maximize client retention and satisfaction.
My dedication to driving new business development and maximizing sales opportunities across assigned regions, along with my steadfast motivation to meet or exceed sales goals, characterizes my career accomplishments. These skills, combined with articulate presentation and negotiation talents, will allow me to greatly benefit your team.
I look forward to discussing this position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
James L. Kepley