Speech Language Pathologist
Provided evaluation/treatment of speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, and swallowing disorders to children, adults, and geriatrics in settings that include but are not limited to: homes, schools, assisted living facilities, and clinical settings.
- Conducted caregiver training to facilitate communication at home, work, in the community, etc.
- Developed and implemented individualized treatment plans with input from patients, families, and other professionals.
- Assisted patients with severe communication disorders with the use of augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) systems, including speech generating devices (SGDs).
- Presented workshops to educate other healthcare professionals regarding the scope of speech language pathology services to ensure appropriate and timely referrals.
- Documented patients' progress, completed discharge summaries, provided home-program treatment plans and other forms for intra-/extra- agency ensuring all documentation was clear, concise, timely, accurate and complete.
- Supervised CFs and graduate clinicians providing mentoring, feedback, and ongoing evaluations while monitoring diagnostic reports, treatment records, and plans of treatment.