Sr. Account Executive, Publisher Services
Held responsibility for maintaining and growing revenue and profit margins through client acquisition, retention of existing clients, and building overall client relationship. Served as a strategic leader and key contact for clients and led the team in developing innovative and intelligent solutions while managing $18MM in annual revenue
- Achieved 112% of margin goals set by management in 2011. Proactive relationship building skills coupled with strong analytical skills helped retain existing business and grow those relationships
- Signed and launched 25+ new publisher relationships in 2011 accounting for a monthly run rate of new business revenue of ~$130K per month in Q4 2011 (annual run rate of $1.56MM)
- Led new product initiative resulting in the revenue from the product growing from $25K in Jan 2011 to accounting for approx. $1MM in monthly revenue on the network by year end
- Successfully renewed a publisher contract for the most profitable site in the network (valued at approx. $8 - $10MM in revenue over 2 years) plus secured and locked in optimal ad placements to protect revenue
- Generated approx. 20x revenue YoY from AOL O&O monetization efforts post acquisition; initiative involved working 50+ individual properties within AOL and convincing them to use the Quigo product
- Renegotiated favorable terms with a publisher to double profit margins resulting in gains of approx. $200K
- Coached and mentored new hires including Account Executives and Account Managers
at this job
President and Publisher
Managed day to day operations for 11 newspaper publications a weekly shopper and multiple nice products, ranging from a three time weekly publication with a paid distribution of more than 60,000, to a one time weekly product with a distribution of 64,000 pieces.
- Managed a diverse management staff and 87 skilled employees.
- Direct supervision of the circulation and distribution of all print products/publications including a team of 9 district managers, a circulation supervisor, more than 100 drivers and a carrier force that numbered more than 600 members.
- Successfully launched a new print publication that became profitable within the first three months of operation.
- Strong emphasis on revenue generation and cost containment, consolidation, and E.B.IT.D.I.A.
- Awarded Publisher of the year in 2005 based on exceeding budgeted revenue targets and maintaining strong expense controls.
- Actively involved as a member of the Board of Directors for the Local Media Association (formerly Suburban Newspapers of America)
at this job
A bi-monthly magazine and web site dedicated to the art and culture of the male images as expressed through photography, sculpture, painting, and the written word.
- Increased net advertising sales by 82%.
- Initiated, developed and implemented the first ever subscriber demographic survey and analysis - achieved a response rate of 47%.
- Increased newsstand circulation by 15% and subscriber circulation by 41%, while decreasing per issue production costs by 12%.
at this job
Group Publisher of six weekly newspapers and companion web sites throughout Delaware. Was hired to increase revenue, with a focus on transforming the ad sales team from circulation-based newspaper sales reps to audience-driven multi-media sales executives.
- Increased digital ad revenue by 36% in 1st Qtr 2012 compared to company average of 25.5%
- Increased digital revenue from 9% of overall revenue to 14%.
- Gatehouse Delaware continuously ranked in top 5 of Yahoo Newspaper Consortium.
at this job
Senior Editor of Editor & Publisher Magazine, Website, Other Products
Supplying news and information about the newspaper business, from operations (production, distribution, plant design, and labor, legal, health, safety and environmental issues) to editorial, advertising and circulation departments and corporate offices. Cultivated sources, reported from newspapers, manufacturers and meetings, from Tokyo to Vienna. Assigned work to freelancers and contributing editors; collaborated with other editorial staffers, including art director. An industry source for other media, schools and businesses.
- Led early coverage of the Internet, future smart phones and electronic paper as potential means of news delivery. Later created webinar and virtual trade show programs and recruited panelists.
- Investigated incorporation of new media into publishing systems and the arrival of new foreign vendors in the U.S. market. Broadened technology coverage led to signing of new advertisers.
- Worked with newspaper and association personnel from Latin America. Brought readers coverage of pertinent developments in that market.
- Fostered closer ties with the largest international newspaper association, leading to information exchanges and our company's first coverage of annual and quadrennial trade shows in Europe.
- Recruited freelancers and contributing editor; created successful special sections, reports and electronic newsletter. Revamped trade show coverage, achieving greater focus and usefulness.
- Organized and contributed to award-winning reports on news coverage of the war in Iraq and The Seattle Times' operations during the 2006 windstorm that shut down the region.
at this job
Program Manager, Publisher Services
Managed accounts and relationships for 700+ websites and blogs with the goal of growing both publisher and company revenue and promoting publisher satisfaction and site retention. Developed and delivered training for new publisher account managers and redesigned publisher facing tool.
- Recognized for taking projects from concept to completion with minimal direction, including the complete redesign of the publishers’ account management tool.
- Coordinated often challenging publisher (customer) problems with finance, data, engineering, global support and international account management teams to resolve issues and improve service delivery.
- Initiated a team project to address areas of overlap across internal proprietary systems that affected publishers’ satisfaction and perceptions.
- Streamlined and enhanced publisher support, a service rated by publishers as a number one positive aspect of working with the company.
at this job
Managed and oversaw all facets of the bi-monthly luxury golf and lifestyle magazine, to include driving ad sales, distribution management, business development, bottom line profit increases, and maintaining client relations.
- Secured contributing writers, initiated account collections, managed and met all production deadlines, and designed the layout for each issue.
- Led the negotiation of rates and contracts, create contract language, and budget pages.
- Developed and implemented strategic marketing and sales plans to increase sales and meet business goals.
- Conducted in-depth analyses of market trends and competition to formulate innovative ideas in order to drive profitable growth through various channels.
- Maintained awareness of economic and sales trends in order to accommodate changes in the marketplace.
- Successfully drove initiatives that realized revenue growth for 10 consecutive issues.
- Increased total contract value from ads sales from $57K the previous year to over $155K.
- Strategically secured a six figure total contract value for two consecutive years.
- Drove the substantial increase of magazine distribution locations from 375 to 800.
- Greatly increased paid subscriptions by 10% over the past 12 months.
at this job
Web Publisher Digital Marketing
Migrated thousands of documents and pages from one portal to another and updated day-to-day web pages. Trained domestic and international publishing teams on system tools and publishing standards.
- Coordinated deliverables and publication schedule with domestic and international teams, ensuring timely and accurate releases.
- Imported and updated content via Web Publisher, a Documentum-based records and web content management system, guaranteeing strict adherence to security procedures, corporate standards and attention to detail.
- Managed multiple projects and launches at a time, allowing all deadlines to be met.
- Oversaw long-term projects, including migration of [company name] website and identifying unmanaged content to be eliminated from previous portal migrations, resulting in smoother migration and found new ways to work with system to make process faster.
- Built, maintained, and cleansed navigation structure and site content, ensuring consistent and intuitive experience for end users.
- Created and maintained landing pages using HTML editors, providing better look and feel of page.
- Liaised with content development and web publisher teams, ensuring correct standards were applied during company acquisitions.
- Migrated content to new portals using Jive and Fatwire, learning new systems in short periods of time.
at this job
Publisher, Custom Events & Digital Media Sales Director
Publisher and Director of Sales for the Healthcare Informatics brand of products including a monthly publication,
digital products/websites, webinars, custom research and in-person custom events.
- Responsible for the development and successful launch in 2011 of the HCI Summit: an annual event of paid C -Suite
- Managed the sales, client servicing and renewal of over 300 active healthcare technology accounts.
- Grew overall brand revenue from under $1 million to over $8 million in less than 4 years.
at this job
Leading specialty publishing company offering integrated marketing solutions well beyond advertising programs; products and services include continuing education, promotional properties and custom publishing.
- Increased revenue in all six magazines each year by over 15%.
- Educated sales force on how to read a BPA statement, and gave tutorials on how to use our market share reports.
- Developed industries first custom publishing projects with clients including exclusive editorial content for firms such as Hanes, Outer Banks, Dard, China Imprint and Custom HBC.
- Worked with many branded companies such as GAP, Nike, Visa, Applebee's to help them increase their sales in the industry.
- Visited potential and existing clients 3-4 times per year and attended national trade shows to give face-to-face presentations on marketing and advertising opportunities
- Created and introduced in 2008 an incentive program on "market share" paid out each quarter.
- Travels extensively with sales force to help with sales and market share.
- Recognized by MIN as sales executive of the year in 2009.
at this job