Teaching Serbo-Croatian language, introducing cultural, sociopolitical and history related topics in the Balkans to the Foreign Service officers, through one-on-one, intensive courses.
- Completed all ICA training courses for listening, reading and conversation (FSI and DLI)
- Creating curriculum, evaluating the level of proficiency, test preparation, performing mock test interviews.
- Employ various materials to support communicative language teaching including books, worksheets, and internet sources.
- Incorporate various technologies into the classroom and for homework assignments including use of podcasts, GLOSS, and other DLI language training materials.
- Strong knowledge of ILR scale of language proficiency, significant experience applying teaching skills and methodologies in one-on one and small group classes.
- Promote "Beyond the Classroom" learning by encouraging students to participate in school Serbian/Croatian mingling sessions and cultural activities and advising students about meet-up groups, activities at various embassies, and other opportunities to practice language extemporaneously.