Technician/train Driver/recovery Technician/ Inspector
Perform different levels of preventive maintenance on trains, requiring the use of many standard tools, and company made tools, documenting every procedure each step, every time.
- Drive trains and conduct daily inspections so that train recoveries in the system are lessened.
- Perform building preventive maintenance on APM rooms, the carwash, and site inspection. Eyewash stations, fire extinguishers, light bulbs (distinguishing whether breakers are open or closed), and medical kits.
- Perform train recovery out in the automated train system when required.
- Attend numerous classes for training on Rails, Pneumatics, Schematics, Guideway Awareness, Bloodborn Pathogens, CPR, Train Operation, Arc Flash, Winter Storm safety, Storm Water, Lock Out Tag Out, Winch And Crane, Manlift, Tool Inventory, Dawning A Harness, PPE, Radio Protocol, and so forth.
- Attend daily pass-down meetings for a full update on the system and trains before shift.
- Contact central control for permits, permission to perform assignments, deactivations, and for clearance.