Mechanical Fitter Cover Letter
As a Mechanical Fitter, you would be responsible for assembling, installing and repairing equipment in manufacturing settings. This equipment could include lathes, pumps, and turbines. It is important that Mechanical Fitters know how to use such tools as drills, grinders, welding equipment and various types of cutters to work on valves, pipes, and motors. A Mechanical Fitter will replace worn machinery parts, make necessary repairs, adhere to a maintenance schedule for manufacturing equipment and make modifications to machines as needed. Mechanical Fitters might make on-site repairs or transport a damaged part of the machine to a shop to complete their work.
In a typical Mechanical Fitter cover letter, the following skills/abilities would likely be mentioned:
- Knowledge of machine parts and hand tools
- Reading schematics, technical manuals, and diagrams
- Problem-solving abilities
- Eye-hand coordination
- Ability to work independently
The sample below allows you to review how these skills can be discussed in a Mechanical Fitter cover letter.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Mechanical Fitter Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Cooley:
Please accept my enclosed resume, which I am sending in response to your ad for a Mechanical Fitter for your production department. As you will see, I bring several years of experience from which I was able to fully develop my eye-hand coordination and problem-solving skills that are important to this position.
Over the past few years I have worked largely in both gas and Tig welding and have learned to read various types of machine schematics and wiring and engineering diagrams and schematics. I have thoroughly developed skills in working with milling machines, plane bores, drills, lathes and thermal heating equipment.
Since 2013, I have worked exclusively on machines that manufacture hydraulic parts for heavy construction equipment. I am well-schooled in the installation, repair, and maintenance of these machines.
I have listed career highlights below that demonstrate my best accomplishments and qualifications showing my ability to assume all duties relating to your Mechanical Fitter position:
- Supervised team of four Mechanical Fitters in the repair and maintenance of 15 hydraulic industrial machines for ZigZag Industries
- Assumed role of assistant supervisor for the installation and repair of lumber cutting machines for Matador Lumber Industries plants throughout the Southeast
- Acted as lead Mechanical Fitter responsible for creating and maintaining machine maintenance schedules for Hotstuff Systems
- Upgraded components of 20+ metal fabrication machines for Jumping Blade Global
- Awarded associate’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology from University of Massachusetts – Lowell
I possess the ability to work both in teams and independently as needed and can easily adhere to project and maintenance schedules. I have consistently maintained various types of industrial machines to reduce downtime and increase productivity.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my qualifications in a personal interview arranged at your convenience.
Thank you for your consideration.
Paul M. Rutter