Unit Secretary Cover Letter
Unit Secretaries work in hospitals and complete clerical work in order to ensure a high standard of medical services. Typical responsibilities of a Unit Secretary include greeting patients, answering to their inquiries, collecting patient information, verifying insurance information, maintaining staff schedules, following doctor orders, maintaining hospital environment clean and organized, taking phone calls, handling the correspondence, and coordinating the housekeeping staff.
An eligible cover letter example for Unit Secretary usually focuses on skills and qualifications like:
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Administrative skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Tact and diplomacy
- Problem-solving orientation
- Stamina and resilience to stress
- Computer literacy
- Availability for work in shifts
The sample cover letter provided below showcases comparable Unit Secretary abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Unit Secretary Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Jacks:
As an experienced administrative professional, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your posting. With a broad knowledge base in health care unit administration and support, I am prepared to excel as your next Unit Secretary.
Through success in documenting patient information, assigning patient numbers, and implementing admission and discharge procedures—as well as my superb interpersonal and organization skills—I am well versed in the nuances of administrative support within the health care sector. I adeptly manage a high volume of clerical tasks each day while simultaneously delivering outstanding patient service.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Excelling throughout 11-year tenure with the Sumont Medical Center’s Surgical Unit, welcoming and admitting patients, preparing charts, scheduling consultations and lab tests, updating databases, processing insurance claims, and maintaining office and medical supplies.
- Retrieving, filing, and submitting all required paperwork and requests for physicians.
- Managing patient information and medical records while ensuring adherence to strict regulatory mandates such as HIPAA.
- Selected to train and orient new unit secretaries due to firm grasp of policies and procedures as well as outstanding overall performance; providing unit secretarial coverage for multiple units during staffing shortages.
- Comprehensive knowledge in a variety of healthcare computer programs and IT systems.
Furthermore, my detail-oriented nature and ability to effectively collaborate with other team members offer additional skills essential to this position. I believe I would be a great asset to your team and look forward to hearing from you to discuss how I may contribute to your goals. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Ruth N. Kato