Nurse Cover Letter
Nurses are found in healthcare facilities where they collaborate with doctors, therapists, and social workers. Typical activities these professionals complete are monitoring patients, administering medication, maintaining records, preparing patients for procedures, guiding junior staff, and organizing workload. They work with all kinds of patients, suffering from both chronic and acute illnesses.
Based on our selection of sample cover letters for Nurses, essential qualifications include:
- Bedside manners and empathy
- Patient information confidentiality
- Medical teamwork and multitasking
- Stamina and the ability to work under pressure
- Decision making
- Computer literacy
- Effective communication and people skills
An example cover letter for Nurse displaying some of these qualities is displayed below.
A cover letter is often your first point of contact with a prospective employer, so make it count. Rather than just summarizing your resume, your Nurse cover letter should demonstrate that you’re the right person for the job at hand. Look at the job listing for specifics about what the employer is looking for, and then use your cover letter to show that you have the skills and experience that fit the employer’s need. See the Staff Nurse cover letter sample below to get started.
A well-crafted resume is the perfect companion to your cover letter. Take a look at our extensive collection of Nurse resume samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Renfro:
With 13 years of experience providing patient care and exceptional treatment in the nursing field, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your posting for a Staff Nurse. I am confident that my skills and background will allow me to substantially assist Unaity General Hospital in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My expertise lies in providing exceptional patient service and compassionate care within various environments—such as internal medicine, pediatrics, and acute care facilities—while facilitating treatment program success through effective needs assessments and strong clinical judgment abilities. Tracking patient vitals, collecting specimen samples, and maintaining confidential patient and procedure records are just a few of many tasks I performed each day, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate patient care.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Performing a full range of nursing responsibilities, including patient histories and assessments, medication administration, testing, referrals, insurance authorizations, treatment plan development, report generation, and general administrative support.
- Collaborating with peers, physicians, and ancillary service providers to ensure appropriate patient services and improving overall patient care.
- Driving disease and illness prevention and educating patients and family members to ensure optimal ongoing care.
- Serving as a committed patient advocate to build solid and trusting patient relationships.
- Infusing my energy and enthusiasm for healthy living into the lives of my patients.
- Possessing an Associate of Science in Nursing degree with a commitment to achieving a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
With my vast knowledge and experience, I am well positioned to enhance patient care at Unaity. I look forward to discussing this opportunity, along with my qualifications, with you soon. In the interim, thank you for your consideration.