IT Director Cover Letter
IT Directors are tasked with managing computing resources for an organization, and they are vital to ensuring that a company’s technology is readily available and secure at all times.
Your cover letter is your first chance at showing your prospective employer that you are the right man or woman for the job. It is therefore important that it is free of spelling and grammar errors and that it is friendly while remaining professional.
Job descriptions for IT Directors contain such responsibilities as:
- Managing data center deployments and tear-downs
- Managing the hiring and development of several teams, including technical support, systems engineering, network engineering, and internal systems software development
- Developing the company’s CRM system, which sales and account management teams depend on for their day-to-day success stories
- Deploying, maintaining, and managing the company’s infrastructure and its services
A sample cover letter for an IT Director which effectively captures the skills and experience necessary to apply for this position appears below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive IT Director resume samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Hope Burke:
Impacting corporate profitability, productivity, and competitive performance through skillful alignment of technical resources with enterprise mission is one of the many ways I served an instrumental role in the success of past employers. As an innovative IT Director with more than 20 years of combined experience in the telecommunications, financial, and technology services industries, I have led and planned IT infrastructures, software product deployments, and strategic operations. I offer extensive experience leading start-up software companies and delivering high quality technology solutions on-time and on-budget.
I have the proven ability to provide senior leadership in establishing IT strategy, goals, and priorities for large and small companies. Key strengths include communicating corporate vision, information systems management, and creating a culture and work ethic that will maximize efficiency and team performance in the organization.
Having successfully managed multiple large scale technology projects, network and system infrastructures as well as built and led top performing teams servicing users globally, my expertise is extensive and highly unique. I am now seeking the opportunity to join your team as your next IT Director.
Examples of key achievements include:
- Led teams of 30+ IT professionals both on-shore and off-shore, in 24×7 operations for web delivered services and Tier II support. Administer Windows Server, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Informatica, WTX, and additional proprietary technology infrastructure with an operating budget of $7M.
- Successfully turned around an under-performing technology teams through strong performance management and goal setting.
- Created a Professional Services team generating over $650K revenues per year.
- Re-energized a stalled $10M project, influenced key stakeholders, and maneuvered through a very political environment in order to drive focus on collectively resolving the problem at hand.
- Implemented a first of its kind Central Monitoring Function for all key systems, designed to identify and resolve issues before they affect business operations.
For a more detailed presentation of my skills and background, please review the enclosed resume and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to your call.