Student Worker Cover Letter
Student Workers work in varying capacities – usually for academic departments or facilities – while simultaneously studying at the same establishment. Work activities can range from providing administrative support to offering hands-on assistance in research and laboratory tasks, to directly assisting students with their responsibilities. A solid academic record and the ability to maintain a strong academic standing while employed is required.
Sample cover letters for Student Workers often mention the following types of skills and areas of strength:
- Student/faculty support
- Filing and data entry
- Mail sorting and distribution
- Typing, scanning, copying
- Basic equipment maintenance
- Supply orders/stocking
- Customer service
- Student communications
A cover letter for a Student Worker is shown below, including similar qualifications and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Student Worker Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Dr. Callahan:
When I learned of your department’s need for a Student Worker for the upcoming academic year, I was eager to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As a dedicated and enthusiastic student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in English, I am confident that I could exceed your expectations for this role.
With strong abilities in organization, student support, and various computer programs, I am poised to excel at providing first-rate assistance in your office. I am able to balance multiple priorities at any given time, rendering me an excellent candidate for this work-study position. Furthermore, my proven success in both independent and team-oriented environments prepares me to make a significant impact in this capacity.
My experience and qualifications include the following:
- Previous part-time experience in an administrative support role with PTI Imaging, offering assistance with data entry, correspondence, mail sorting, phone calls, supplies management/ordering, scanning/copying and equipment maintenance.
- Maintaining a stellar academic record for the past two years here at Lehigh University; current GPA of 3.84 with a 4.0 GPA in my English classes.
- Specialized academic interest and focus in the 1920s literary period, making me an excellent candidate for assisting your specific office and the students that it serves.
- Able to assist and respond to all student and faculty inquiries in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe Photoshop and InDesign; and various social media tools.
- Leveraging excellent self-motivation and prioritization talents to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
With my administrative support experience and my strong academic record, combined with my inherent interpersonal and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service to your department as your next Student Worker. I look forward to discussing the position with you in more detail.
Thank you very much for your consideration.
Nicole R. Dawkins