Network Technician Cover Letter
Network Technicians are responsible for physically installing the networks of their employers, as well as troubleshooting and fixing network issues as they arise. Common work activities include hooking up desktop PCs, printers and other devices to the company network, implementing regular system-wide security updates, providing general technical support to network users, troubleshooting hardware issues by checking physical cable connections and troubleshooting software issues.
Our analysis of several Network Technician cover letters shows the following skills and accomplishments to be the most common.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Familiarity with LAN / WAN, TCP/IP, and DHCP
- Expertise in Windows and Linux operating systems
- Microsoft MCSE certification
- Cisco CCNA and CCIE certifications
- Ability to diagnose and solve complex IT problems
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Detail orientated
Below is a sample Network Technician cover letter that highlights these skills and accomplishments.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Network Technicisan Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Larson,
As an experienced Network Technician, I am writing to submit my resume for consideration to fill the open Network Technician position at your organization. Between my Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and six years of experience as a Network Technician, I think I have all of the requirements to succeed in your organization.
My professional experience includes hooking up, maintaining, updating and repairing the network of my previous employer. I have completed virtually every network-related task during my time as a Network Technician for Northstar Technologies. This experience would help me be a great benefit to Tiered Technologies.
The following is a list of my most relevant qualifications and accomplishments:
● Earned Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology from Miami University
● Earned Microsoft MCSE certification
● Earned Cisco CCNA certification
● Earned CompTIA Network+ certification
● Diagnosed and fixed numerous network issues
● Implemented a network maintenance SOP
I am sure you have come across candidates with similar qualifications, but I think my skill set differentiates myself from the competition. I am detail orientated and highly organized, and I also thrive in a collaborative environment. Please contact me at your earliest convenience if you are interested in learning more about me.
Thank you for your consideration.
Lewis L. Mayorga