Restaurant Manager Cover Letter
Restaurant Managers are in charge for the business performance of a food establishment. Their role includes ensuring restaurant profitability, coordinating marketing activities, scheduling shifts, planning menus, adhering to hygiene standards, and making sure customer service is excellent. One of their duties is preparing regular reports on food control, staff performance, and sales.
Those looking to work as Restaurant Managers should showcase in their cover letter samples the following qualifications:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Managerial abilities and leadership
- The ability to work under pressure and multitasking
- Teamworking abilities
- Decision making
- Problem-solving orientation
- Computer literacy
An example cover letter for Restaurant Manager emphasizing similar skills is presented below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Restaurant Manager Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Bueche:
Upon discovering your posting for a Restaurant Manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and motivated restaurant general manager with more than 10 years of experience, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Easton Fine Dining’s goals in this role.
My background includes leading operations, teams, and processes to drive business and customer service success within the restaurant sector. From training and developing staff to overseeing budgets and profit and loss responsibilities, I excel at managing teams, propelling revenue enhancement, and stimulating maximum levels of customer service and satisfaction.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Increasing sales by 65% and decreasing overall business costs by 8% at Sunny Side Up family restaurants.
- Recruiting, training, and managing dynamic and productive staff to propel restaurant success.
- Overseeing facility operations—including budgets, inventory, scheduling, and staff development—to optimize efficiency and productivity.
- Coordinating all aspects of new site openings, ensuring on-time launches, comprehensive staff training, and seamless operations from day one.
- Demonstrating solid time management, communication, and multitasking skills to excel within fast-paced, customer-facing environments.
My skills in team and operational leadership have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.