Kitchen Assistant Cover Letter
Kitchen Assistants work under the supervision of cooks and are responsible for basic food preparation and cleaning. Other duties of a Kitchen Assistant include: unloading food items from suppliers, keeping the storeroom clean and organized, washing dishes, cleaning cooking stations, cleaning spills, preparing food items for cooks, discarding rubbish, and handling linen laundry.
Employers select cover letters highlighting the following skills and qualifications:
- Basic cooking skills
- Attention to safety
- Good practical skills and being able to complete tasks quickly
- The ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Teamworking abilities
- Being available to work irregular hours
Those interested in a Kitchen Assistant career can check relevant job skills in the example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Kitchen Assistant Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Dewitt:
If you are looking for a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic to join your team as your next Kitchen Assistant, I respectfully request your consideration of my enclosed resume. With my interest in pursuing a career in the restaurant industry, as well as my commitment to ensuring highly efficient kitchen operations, I am certain that I would be able to immediately contribute to the success of your restaurant in this role.
My skill set spans a multitude of areas to comprehensively assist restaurant chefs, from preparing ingredients and storing food to cleaning kitchens and organizing inventories. With more than five years of experience in fast-paced restaurant environments, my complementary strengths in communication, customer service, and team collaboration are sure to make me a positive asset to your team.
Please consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Performing diverse kitchen prep tasks including cutting meats and vegetables, making sauces and dressings, and preparing garnishments.
- Ensuring top-notch hygiene and food safety standards to maintain a clean, sanitary, and compliant restaurant kitchen.
- Stocking shelves, cleaning and sanitizing work stations, wash dishes/utensils, and perform restaurant opening and closing tasks..
- Maintain a friendly rapport with chefs, servers, and peers across all work areas.
- Currently pursuing a Diploma in Culinary Arts from Columbia Community College.
With my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, coupled with my experience and my skill set, I am sure that I would quickly exceed your expectations and make a positive impact on your restaurant.
I look forward to discussing this position in further detail. Thank you very much.
Elena W. Lima