Kitchen Manager Cover Letter
Kitchen Managers make sure daily operations in a kitchen run smoothly. Specific responsibilities of a Kitchen Manager are hiring and training staff, buying food and replenishing supplies, supervising food preparation, implementing food safety techniques, making sure patrons are served quickly, setting schedules, checking if waste and leftovers are discarded properly, motivating employees, creating budgets, monitoring expenses, and finding ways to optimize kitchen operations.
A cover letter sample for Kitchen Manager should focus on the following skills and qualifications:
- Food management expertise
- Organization and planning
- Attention to details
- Time management
- Stamina and resilience
- Being able to work under pressure
- Computer literacy
Relevant skills and experience for a Kitchen Manager are described in the cover letter example provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Kitchen Manager Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Anderson:
If you are looking for a motivated and quality-driven professional with strong experience in kitchen operations and customer service to join your team as your next Kitchen Manager, I respectfully request your consideration of my enclosed resume. With my commitment to ensuring highly efficient kitchen operations, I am certain that I would be able to immediately contribute to the success of your restaurant in this role.
My skill set spans a multitude of areas to comprehensively assist professional kitchens, from preparing ingredients and monitoring inventory levels to training and developing staff and working collaboratively with chefs. With more than 11 years of experience in fast-paced restaurant kitchens, my complementary strengths in team leadership, communication, and quality control are sure to make me a positive asset to your establishment.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Promoted into Kitchen Manager position with Roundhouse Pizzeria following consecutive roles as a Server and a Line Cook, respectively; managing day-to-day kitchen operations including staff scheduling, menu alterations/specials, inventory management, and c
- Training, coaching, developing, and supervising up to 28 diverse kitchen employees at a time; coaching and promoting three servers into kitchen assistant and line cook roles.
- Ensuring top-notch hygiene and food safety standards to maintain a clean, sanitary, and compliant restaurant kitchen.
- Working alongside restaurant owners to define goals, determine budgets, develop new marketing strategies, and reduce labor and food expenses.
- Driving outstanding customer service and satisfaction, addressing and resolving customer issues and concerns quickly and thoroughly as necessary.
- Maintaining a friendly rapport with chefs, servers, and peers across all work areas.
- Pursuing an Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts from Glendale Community College (expected 2018).
With my dedication to achieving restaurant kitchen success, coupled with my experience and my skill set, I am sure that I would quickly exceed your expectations and make a positive impact on your restaurant.
I look forward to discussing this position in further detail. Thank you very much.
Daniel D. Rucker