Managing Director Cover Letter
A Managing Director is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the company or organization for which they work. Their duties will vary based on the work of the organization, but may include managing books, dealing with employees, and increasing the company’s customer base through the use of marketing strategies.
While the exact roles of a Managing Director can vary greatly, here are a few key skills they should highlight on their cover letters:
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Business acumen and problem-solving orientation
- Decision-making abilities
- Time management and deadline orientation
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Resourcefulness and innovation
- Bachelor’s or master’s degrees in the field of business administration, or in another subject related to the industry.
Scroll down to see an example of a strong Managing Director Cover Letter.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Managing Director Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Schiavone,
I am writing to submit my resume for your review for the advertised position of Managing Director. As an experienced and motivated Director with exceptional leadership and interpersonal abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to McFly’s goals in this role.
My background includes acting as Managing Director at a successful firm. I was responsible for directing operations, employees, sales, and customer service strategies to drive business development and enhance overall performance. From overseeing operations and cutting operational costs to spearheading staff hiring and implementing new programs and process improvements, I excelled at improving profit margins, developing and evaluating employees, and realizing consistent increases in sales volume.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Directing all aspects of day-to-day operations, including business development, client services and operations.
- Rapidly rising through positions at Marxley through dedication and successful work, culminating in the role of Managing Director.
- Implementing cost-effective advertising and merchandising initiatives to maximize profits and stimulate a high level of customer satisfaction and referral business.
- Effectively managing diverse teams of employees, including hiring, pay increases, employee morale programs, annual reviews and terminations
- Demonstrating solid time management and organizational skills, along with powerful and effective sales and operations strategies.
My skills in staff and operations management, sales and financing, and business leadership have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily enhance your mission. The chance to speak with you and offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you, I look forward to speaking with you soon.