Elementary Art Teacher
Manage all aspects of curriculum development, classroom management, and collaboration with faculty, school personnel, parents, and the community. Develop weekly lesson plans to meet educational needs and learning styles of 300+ students in pre K-5 urban setting. Create curriculum that engages students while meeting regulatory and compliance standards, such as Massachusetts Framework. Collaborate with faculty in literacy blocks. Bring professional art and performance community into schools and organize field trips to enrich learning experiences.
- Introduced arts to children with a broad range of varied prior exposure to the arts, and effectively developing / presenting curriculum that is simultaneously interesting and challenging to such a diverse student population.
- Engaged students, staff, and community in arts curriculum via visual displays throughout the school, contributing to positive classroom management and student involvement, including the Schoolyard Initiative of Boston.
- Involving community institutions to bring artists-in-residence and enhance student experiences.
- Collaborated with city officials to maximize available resources, create professional development activities, and participate in Youth Arts Month.
- Recognized as Subject Matter Expert and Visual Artist, based on participation in multiple professional exhibits and contributions, including Teacher-in-Residence at Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Arts Liaison, Curriculum Mapping Team, and state-wide Arts Network.