Pediatrician Cover Letter
Pediatricians provide medical care to children and teenagers. These health care professionals need to understand how treatments work at various development stages and to have extensive knowledge of childhood infectious diseases, such as chicken pox, mumps, and measles. Usual work activities of a Pediatrician are consulting patients, diagnosing conditions, administering immunizations, prescribing treatment, explaining patients and their parents how to handle conditions and have a healthy lifestyle, and updating records.
A successful sample cover letter for Pediatrician should highlight the following assets:
- Clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Being able to interact with babies, children, and adolescents
- Bedside manners
- A caring personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Computer literacy
Relevant skills and experience for this role are mentioned in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Pediatrician Resume Samples.
Dear Dr. McKelvey:
It is with great interest that I am enclosing my CV for your consideration in reference to your search for a new Pediatrician to join your practice. With my 14 years of experience providing overarching patient care to babies, children, and adolescents, I am confident in my ability to substantially assist the pediatric team at Brookdale Medical Center in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My expertise lies in providing compassionate and nurturing care to children of all ages, performing ongoing examinations and evaluations to assess patient growth and development while treating children afflicted with minor illnesses and acute / chronic health problems. From recording medical histories and documenting exam results to prescribing medications and treatments and interpreting diagnostic tests, my experience across all facets of pediatric medical care is certain to render me an immediate asset to your physician team.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Earning a Doctor of Medicine degree and current certification with the American Board of Pediatrics; thriving in a private pediatric practice for the past 14 years with a rotating base of 55 patients.
- Utilizing comprehensive knowledge of medical conditions and services to assist in delivering and monitoring medication and treatment plans to pediatric patients from infants through teenagers.
- Communicating between pharmacists, pediatric nurses, and laboratory staff to ensure appropriate and necessary treatment plans, medications, and diagnostic testing.
- Advising parents and/or guardians on topics regarding diet, vaccinations, physical activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Accurately documenting patient information and communicating with ancillary staff.
- Performing an array of administrative tasks including records management, insurance claim submission, and prescription ordering.
- Interacting with patients and families to manage expectations and ensure continuity of care.
With my background in delivering excellent medical care and treatment for pediatric patients, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your practice. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.
Tyler M. Stephens