Paraeducator Cover Letter
Paraeducators instruct students with disabilities and provide support to teachers and other educational staff. Examples of job activities for a Paraeducator include preparing lesson plans, assisting students one-to-one or in small groups, helping with physical demands, maintaining inventory, tracking attendance, monitoring students’ medical needs, organizing student programs, administering tests, giving and checking assignments, and collaborating with parents.
Employers select candidates who can demonstrate the following abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Instruction skills
- Being able to work with students with disabilities
- Patience and perseverance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and creativity
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Computer literacy
- Emotional stability
Those interested in a Paraeducator career can check comparable abilities and experience in the sample cover letter provided just beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Paraeducator Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Paraeducator, check out our more complete Paraeducator Job Description.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Marquez:
As a skilled and dedicated Paraeducator with eight years of solid experience supporting classroom and student service functions for students with special needs, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. My background and skill set positions me to significantly impact Fulton Middle School in this role.
Program design, classroom assistance, student supervision, and progress evaluation are just a few of my areas of expertise. Throughout my experience, I have honed my communication, organization, and motivational skills while providing compassionate and critical support for special-needs middle-grade students. Furthermore, I possess a solid aptitude for teaching and an innate ability to connect quickly with students from all backgrounds to optimize their learning experiences.
Highlights of my qualifications include the following:
- Working one-on-one with special education students to accommodate their academic and emotional needs, facilitate assignment completion, and provide general support through specialized equipment to ensure students achieve their established learning objectives.
- Facilitated and led small group settings to instruct special education students using a variety of methodologies tailored to each group’s unique needs.
- Communicating with teachers, speech/physical therapists, counselors, and T.I.D.E.S. paraeducators to evaluate and meet student needs and requirements.
- Acquiring new ideas on an ongoing basis through active participation in educational conferences and workshops.
- Supervising students during lunch breaks, recess, and field trips, as well as during transitions to and from the school bus.
- Holding an Associate’s Degree in Pre-Professional Studies.
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of performance at your school and exceed your expectations as Fulton Middle School’s next Paraeducator. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Karen W. Reed