Storeman Cover Letter
A Storeman is tasked with the “behind-the-scenes” logistical tasks in retail environments, handling responsibilities including inventory receipt and stocking, reporting, data entry, and facility maintenance. A focus on quality control and accuracy is required, as well as physical strength and the ability to work under pressure and on deadline.
A cover letter for a Storeman should mention skills and abilities such as the following:
- Logistics coordination
- Vehicle loading/unloading
- Stocking and organizing goods/merchandise
- Data entry/documentation
- Customer service
- Inventory support
- Supplier and customer communication
- Team collaboration
Below is a sample cover letter for a Storeman reflecting comparable skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Storeman Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Estrada:
Upon learning of your need for a reliable and professional Storeman to join your crew, I was anxious to send you my resume for your review. With my background in retail coordination and logistics, skills in inventory stocking and support, and excellent communication and problem-solving abilities, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your company in this capacity.
From receiving and unloading goods and stocking shelves to corresponding with suppliers and performing detailed data entry, my background has prepared me to excel in this position. With eight years of experience providing vital logistical and inventory support within the retail sector, my time management and organization skills position me ready to make a substantial contribution to Kalypso.
My background and qualifications include the following:
- Unloading and loading vehicles, tracking schedules, moving and stocking goods, preparing documentation and reports, managing order entry, and responding to inquiries from suppliers and customers in consecutive positions with TransPlay and Pylon International.
- Liaising between drivers, shippers, and management to produce efficient and optimal results while swiftly identifying and resolving problems.
- Performing all tasks to the highest standards to meet SOPs and internal Codes of Conduct.
Communicating effectively with cross-functional team members, including store managers, shift colleagues, and customers.
With my key experience and corresponding qualifications, coupled with my reliable and positive work ethic, I believe I could quickly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Jose J. Hollister