Production Planner Cover Letter
Production Planners are responsible for ensuring the production workflow for one or multiple products. A good Production Planner will obtain excellent performance with minimum delays. Essential responsibilities of a Production Planner include determining the resources needed to meet the production demand, scheduling shifts, solving any issues that may arise, maintaining records, collaborating with other departments, creating performance reports, and monitoring output.
A successful candidate for a Production Planner position should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout his or her cover letter:
- Production planning expertise
- Time management
- Knowledge of quality control principles
- Math and statistics training
- Problem-solving orientation
- Computer competences
- Effective communication
Production Planners skills and experience are visible in the example cover letter provided right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Production Planner Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Cross:
With the enclosed resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Production Planner position you have available. As a skilled and successful production and supply chain specialist with comprehensive experience coordinating materials, processes, and distribution operations while ensuring compliance with regulations and guidelines, I possess a wide range of knowledge and abilities that will enable me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My expertise lies in optimizing production and distribution processes in fast-paced factories while working closely with team members to maximize productivity, efficiency, and overall performance. From monitoring production rates and tracking inventories to networking with suppliers and adhering to customer requirements, I have proven myself to be adept in driving all facets of production while ensuring adherence to organizational goals/requirements and facilitating streamlined operations.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Excelling as a Production Specialist for the past five years with N&T International, planning material demands to meet production needs while scheduling orders and assembly line production loads using SAP proficiency.
- Improving on-time delivery by 56% and slashing passed-due orders by 68%; achieving 100% ship-to-commit rate.
- Keenly evaluating workflow, material availability, and production capacity to accurately plan and schedule customer orders.
- Selected to train and coach new production planners and engineers on product lines.
- Liaising effectively between order fulfillment, sales, and engineering teams to meet shipment requirements and report changes to demands, processes, and schedules.
- Demonstrating superior leadership, prioritization, and time management skills throughout my career.
My proven ability to optimize production and distribution operations, along with my solid skills in communication and problem solving, will contribute immensely to the success of Briar Manufacturing. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Dennis M. Beck