Medical Interpreter Cover Letter
A Medical Interpreter is tasked with interpreting medical terms, procedures, explanations, and other pertinent information from medical staff for non-English-speaking patients to ensure clarity, understanding, and comfort. Fluency in at least one other language, as well as superior interpersonal skills and a solid understanding of medical terminology and conditions, is a requirement in this role.
Sample cover letters for Medical Interpreters reveal the following experience and abilities to be of value to mention:
- Medical research
- Document and language translation
- Quality assurance
- Complex data interpretation
- Cultural sensitivity/advisement
- Patient support and advocacy
Below please find a cover letter for a Medical Interpreter containing similar skills and qualifications as mentioned above.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Interpreter Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Tyler:
When I learned of your need for a Medical Interpreter, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. My key experience in assisting non-English-speaking patients in medical communications—as well as my commitment to serving as a compassionate and knowledgeable patient advocate and resource—give me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your organization.
From interpreting medical information for patients to amassing comprehensive knowledge of various medical / health issues, my background has prepared me to excel in this capacity. My ability to connect with individuals and establish trusting relationships, along with my strong oral and written communication skills and my fluency in Spanish, position me to thrive in this challenging role.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Excelling in challenging, patient-focused interpreter roles with organizations including the Los Stamos Regional Medical Center, the Rachilla Cancer Treatment Center, and Greenwood Children’s Hospital.
- Translating medical terminology, procedures, and financial information for patients during admissions, examinations, consultations, provider interactions, and follow-up visits to ensure full comprehension and comfort.
- Researching medical terms and conditions when appropriate to be able to interpret as accurately as possible between patients, families, and medical staff.
- Remaining in tune with both large-scale and subtler dialectical and cultural differences between clients and staff.
- Utilizing superior organizational and interpersonal abilities to provide optimal interpretive support in difficult and stressful situations.
With my previous experience in medical interpretation and patient support, complemented by my friendly and compassionate nature, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss the position in further detail would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Rebecca J. Ball