Millwright Cover Letter
A Millwright’s job is to safely assemble, set up or dismantle machinery in industrial settings like power plants and factories. A Millwright is a highly skilled professional with additional responsibilities in reading complex technical plans for the operation of machinery, repair broken parts, initiate plans for updating machinery and store old equipment. Setting up industrial equipment can days which is why Millwrights may work in a team. A Millwright has to be proficient in operating large machinery like cranes.
A proficient Millwright has to display a number of required skills, some of which are:
- Ability to use a diverse range of tools and equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Physical strength is needed to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Technical skills that involve reading technical documents such as blueprints.
- Troubleshooting skills.
In drawing up your own cover letter for a Millwright position take guidance from the sample produced below that highlights sought after skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Millwright Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Leighton
Please find my resume in application for the Millwright position that has become available at Platt Mills. You will find that I hold the required skills you are looking for. I have seven years’ experience as a Millwright, two of them at Stilton & Hobbs and five at Grayston Mills. My resume contains detailed information on my skills and capabilities as well as the different responsibilities I was tasked with at each company I was employed at.
I am exceptionally well-skilled in the installation, operation and maintenance of various types of heavy duty machinery. I have used hand and electrical tools, ultrasonic measuring tools, lasers, cutting torches and tensioners. I adhere to safety precautions in effectively and efficiently carrying out my duties. In carrying out my responsibilities I have had to interpret technical drawings and engineering plans. I also have a sound knowledge and experience in using computer applications like Auto CAD.
A summary of my professional accomplishments is as follows:
- Implemented a productivity improvement plan that saved Grayston Mills as much as $25,000 in the last three years I worked there.
- Trained and mentored a team of 4 junior Millwrights at Grayston Mills.
- Received Employee of the Year Award twice for introducing a simplified feedback system for identifying individual projects needs and job procedures and then for performing machinery maintenance duties meeting the highest standards.
I am excited at the thought this opportunity will bring for me to use my skills and experience and to develop new ones at Plat Mills. I thrive on meeting challenges put before me. Thank you for taking the time to consider my application and I hope my resume generates enough interest for you to invite me to an interview.