Boilermaker Cover Letter
Boilermakers are trained craftspeople who build, install and repair vessels or containers that hold liquids or gases. Key functions of a Boilermaker include repiping, retubing, repairing, welding and installing containers and container parts for commercial, industrial or residential properties. Boilermakers use often use specialized tools such as oxy-acetylene gas torches.
Our library of sample cover letters for Boilermakers generally include the following skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a technical training or apprenticeship program
- Extensive knowledge of welding, rigging, drafting and miscellaneous repair work
- Physical strength, stamina, and coordination
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to read blueprints and diagrams
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel for their work, both short- and long-term
- Mathematical proficiency
The cover letter below displays similar skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Boilermaker Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Hope,
I am submitting my resume for the position of Boilermaker. With a high school diploma, welding experience and certification, completion of a 4-year apprenticeship and thorough technical knowledge, I am confident that I would be a valuable addition to the Louisiana Steelworks team.
My professional experience includes more than 6,000 hours of on-site training, proficiency in several different types of welding, the successful repair of dozens of boilers, pressure valves and miscellaneous pressurized containers and the reading and execution of complex blueprints, drawings and designs. While completing my apprenticeship, I learned that open communication and teamwork are essential in creating a safe and effective workplace environment.
Here are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Completed a welding program at Northshore Technical Community College
- Received voluntary certification from the American Welding Society
- Completed an apprenticeship program through the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
- Repaired and installed various boilers, manholes, uptakes, valves, tanks, and vats
- Successfully worked with colleagues, managers, and supervisors to complete projects and safely and efficiently as possible
I hope to have the opportunity to bring my honed craftsmanship, thorough experience, can-do attitude and passion to Louisiana Steelworks.
I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you further about this position.
All the best,