Medical Biller Cover Letter
Medical Billers process and check medical claims to insurance companies. They are mostly hired by health care facilities such as hospitals, physician offices, and nursing facilities. Essential duties of a Medical Biller include: checking patient bills, following up on unpaid claims, discussing payment arrangements with patients, following policies and procedures, observing compliance problems, maintaining information confidentiality, and answering to patient inquiries regarding insurance and medical bill issues.
Employers select cover letters focusing on the following skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of billing processes
- Basic accounting procedures familiarity
- Health care administration training
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Organizational skills
- Computer competences
- Effective communication
Similar job skills and experience are displayed in the sample cover letter provided beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Biller Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Lopez:
Upon learning of your posting for a Medical Biller, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized and efficient professional with key experience liaising between patients, insurance companies, codres, and providers to ensure recovery of payments due, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your practice’s objectives.
My background encompasses more than seven years of experience excelling within fast-paced medical environments. From processing data and resolving billing questions to verifying coverage and submitting insurance claims, I excel at communicating with diverse personalities to drive accounts receivable activities and optimize practice profitability and efficiency.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Overseeing all medical billing operations as a Biller with Focus Health Group, serving as the chief liaison between the practice and insurance carriers encompassing HMOs, PPOs, Medicaid, and Medicare; averaged $65K in a single month for payments received.
- Submitting electronic and paper insurance claims to primary, secondary, and third-party insurance groups while appropriately denying and resubmitting claims as necessary.
- Demonstrating a solid dedication to providing outstanding support while forging solid and trusting relationships with physicians, staff, coworkers, and ancillary services.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks within deadline-driven environments while providing top-level organization and communication skills and improving operational systems.
My skills in medical billing and A/R functions have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Cecilia M. Autry