QA Tester Cover Letter
QA Testers are usually employed by software testing departments or companies and are responsible for the following job duties: executing manual and automated tests, identifying system requirements, finding and documenting defects, helping with planning and design, performing debugging, making sure all items included in test specifications are covered, making suggestions for improvement, collaborating with software engineers, and reporting to managers.
A successful cover letter sample for QA Tester should focus on skills and qualifications like:
- Quality assurance and software testing expertise
- Attention to details and accuracy
- A meticulous approach to work
- Time management
- Computer proficiency
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving orientation
- Organization and planning
Below is provided a cover letter example demonstrating similar QA Tester skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive QA Tester Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Buchanan:
When I learned of your need for a seasoned QA Tester to come on board, I felt compelled to quickly send you my resume for your consideration. As a highly skilled and results-driven professional with 14+ years of experience in quality assurance and validation—combined with a dedication to product quality excellence—I possess a breadth of knowledge and expertise that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My background includes outstanding experience working with developers, running automated tests, writing reports, and updating databases to drive continuous quality improvements and ensure compliance with regulations. With my extensive IT proficiencies, coupled with my technical background in the healthcare sector, my experience is certain to render me an asset to your team.
I invite you to consider the following highlights of my achievements:
- Utilizing my vast programming knowledge to validate, verify, communicate, and resolve software issues and bugs via unit, acceptance, regression, and functional/performance testing on the Electronic Health Information Application program as a QA Specialist with Jonias Medical.
- Developing, running, and maintaining detailed testing scripts to ensure repeatability, with the intention of automating all base testing to enable QA to focus on new capabilities.
- Uncovering, documenting, and reporting all bugs and other issues within proprietary software applications.
- Earning ongoing recognition from software developers and supervisors for excellent problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Managing vital quality control initiatives, compliance concerns, audits, and operational processes and procedures within company guidelines.
- Demonstrating outstanding leadership and communication abilities.
My commitment to maximizing quality assurance and validation through meticulous testing, along with my acute knowledge of quality audits and compliance issues, will certainly contribute immensely to the success of your team. Thank you for your consideration; I hope to hear from you soon.
James P. Carollo