Paraprofessional Cover Letter
Paraprofessionals are special education experts who assist teachers during the instructional process. Usual duties of a Paraprofessional include helping students with disabilities, identifying student instructional needs, preparing lesson plans, maintaining props, maintaining class control, motivating students, helping students understand their assignments, and providing physical care. Paraprofessionals are also required to supervise students outside the classroom during trips and activities.
A successful Paraprofessional cover letter sample should highlight the following qualifications:
- Instructional skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience and empathy
- A caring and approachable personality
- The ability to motivate students
- Computer competences
- Time management
Comparable Paraprofessional skills can be seen in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Paraprofessional Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. O’Malley:
As a skilled and dedicated Paraprofessional with comprehensive experience supporting classroom and student service functions, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and enthusiasm positions me to significantly impact Triton County Middle School.
Classroom assistance, student supervision, and equipment management are just a few of my areas of expertise. Throughout my experience, I have honed my communication, organization, and motivational skills. Additionally, I possess a solid aptitude for teaching, and a gift for connecting quickly with students from all backgrounds to optimize their learning experiences.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Working directly with students to accommodate special academic needs, facilitate assignment completion, and provide media center / library support through specialized equipment.
- Communicating with teachers, physical therapists, speech therapists, and occupational therapists to evaluate and meet student needs and requirements.
- Collaborating with co-workers to implement new educational and enrichment activities, acquiring new ideas on an ongoing basis through dynamic participation in educational conferences and workshops.
- Monitoring student attendance and academic performance, and reporting to both teachers and principals on student progress.
- Coaching junior varsity girls’ and boys’ tennis teams for 7th and 8th graders.
- Associate’s Degree in Pre-Professional Studies; Certified Teacher of ESL.
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of performance at your school and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.