Vice Principal Cover Letter
Vice Principals work in schools and assist principals with governance and operational issues. Essential work responsibilities of a Vice Principal are ensuring student discipline, evaluating teachers, liaising with parents, maintaining schedules, training and coordinating staff, developing curricula, maintaining school-community relations, directing gatherings of students, handling discipline issues, resolving conflicts between students and staff, and completing other tasks as assigned by principals.
A well-written cover letter sample for Vice Principal should focus on the following skills and abilities:
- School management expertise
- Organization and planning
- Stamina and perseverance
- Attention to details
- Time management and deadline orientation
- Computer competences
- Being able to work under pressure
- Classroom control
Below is displayed a cover letter example highlighting comparable Vice Principal skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Vice Principal Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Young:
Upon learning of your search to fill the position of Vice Principal of Concordia Middle School, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As an accomplished, visionary leader in the school sector with 13 years of operational, planning, and administration experience, I am well prepared to significantly contribute to your goals and objectives in this role.
My background spans excellent experience overseeing areas such as day-to-day operations, curriculum development, partnership building, and standard setting for both students and staff to realize improved academic performance while providing comprehensive support to school principals. From conducting teacher evaluations and managing budgets to visiting classrooms in person and maintaining detailed records, I excel at facilitating strategic initiatives and enhancements to drive goal achievement while communicating openly with instructors, staff, parents, and other stakeholders to build consensus.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Planning and administering budgets, policies, and procedures while supervising administrative, operational, and educational personnel and a student population of approximately 450 as the Vice Principal for the past six years at Edgar J. White Middle School in Indianapolis.
- Overseeing operational areas such as student behavior challenges/discipline, immunization compliance, marketing and fundraising, graduation and other special events, community service programs, and new teacher recruitment/hiring.
- Introducing engaging new programs to revitalize community involvement and civic participation by students, including “Project Rebound” for at-risk students, “Champs” mentoring program with volunteer senior citizens, and the “Give Back” program offering an alternative to out-of-school suspension in conjunction with local nonprofit organizations.
- Maintaining daily attendance records and fulfilling all state-mandated student accounting tasks.
- Producing and continually updating annual student handbook and agenda, comprising 250+ pages of school policies, rules, and regulations.
- Earning a Master’s degree in Education Administration from Indiana State University.
My skills in academic operational oversight have been finely honed, and I am confident my strengths and achievements will make an immediate and positive impact on your school. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Rebecca C. Gage