Education Consultant Cover Letter
Education Consultants work in the academic sector and handle a range of activities pertaining to student recruitment, advisement, and support. Identifying students’ goals and exploring the best programs and classes to help them meet those goals is a primary responsibility for an Education Consultant, as is supporting students throughout all facets of the college admissions and enrollment process.
Typical work activities mentioned on successful cover letters for Education Consultants include:
- Program advisement/support
- Student recruitment, advisement, and retention
- Test preparation
- Student counseling
- Student relationship building
- Sales and marketing efforts
- Goal setting/action plans
A sample cover letter for an Education Consultant demonstrating similar skills and qualifications follows below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Education Consultant Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be an Education Consultant, check out our more complete Education Consultant Job Description.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Howse:
Upon learning of your search for a new Education Consultant to join your team at Fairview College, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As an enthusiastic and motivated professional with a background in academic advisement and recruitment—complemented by my commitment to achieving school goals and objectives—I would be a valuable asset to Fairview in this role.
My background includes driving enrollment initiatives, establishing beneficial relationships with potential and existing students, and leveraging outstanding communication skills to thrive in my most recent position as an Academic Advisor and Enrollment Consultant with Bayside Community College. With strong inner motivation and superior interpersonal talents, I excel at implementing recruitment strategies, meeting—or surpassing—admissions goals, advising students on program/class selection, and connecting with students to define and pursue optimal career opportunities.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Working closely with adult learners at Bayside Community College for the past five years, identifying their goals, determining appropriate classes and programs to meet their needs, and pinpointing flexible solutions to further their education and propel their professional and career development.
- Assisting admissions staff in recruiting, enrolling, and retaining qualified and engaged student populations.
- Knowledge of dynamic sales and recruitment strategies within the academia realm, as well as comprehensive communication techniques and strategic promotional and marketing efforts.
- Outstanding organization, problem-solving, and time management abilities; superior written and verbal communication skills.
With my strong background and demonstrated commitment to helping college-level students thrive in their academic and future professional careers, I am well prepared to extend my record of service to your team at Fairview College. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Janet E. Miles