Marine Biologist Cover Letter
Marine Biologists perform various responsibilities pertaining to marine plant and animal life, including research, documentation, behavior/health monitoring, food preparation/feedings, and habitat maintenance. Along with a dedication to sustainability and animal care, Marine Biologists should ideally also demonstrate skills in field research, data analysis, and public-facing education.
Qualifications and a solid knowledge base in the following should be mentioned in a cover letter for a Marine Biologist:
- Marine mammal habitat care/restoration
- Animal rehabilitation
- Plant and animal study/monitoring
- Environmental impact studies
- Marine laws, regulations, and coastal sustainability efforts
- Research, data analysis, and presentations
Below is a sample cover letter for a Marine Biologist highlighting the appropriate skills and experience for the job.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Marine Biologist Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Livingston:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in joining your team at Sansa Sciences as your next Marine Biologist. As a skilled and educated professional with key experience and education in the field of marine biological science, I possess a wide range of knowledge and qualifications that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your organization.
My background including hands-on experience in marine animal husbandry, plant and animal care/analysis, and species population assessment. Through my experience, I have become well versed in the nuances of both local and federal regulations, and my additional skills in field investigations and documentation position me to make a significant contribution to your organization.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Achieving in-depth education in a comprehensive array of marine biology topics, including fish and marine mammal management, zoology, general biology, water science, environmental laws, and ecosystems management; earning a Master of Science in Marine Biology from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Facilitating successful marine biology projects in an internship position with the California Marine Mammal Conservancy; observing animals to monitor behavioral and health issues, conducting daily presentations to educate the public on threatened and endangered marine species, and completing daily documentation of animal habits.
- Amassing a sharp understanding of USDA/APHIS standards for marine mammal housing; cleaning and maintaining animal facilities in top-notch conditions.
- Demonstrating exceptional team leadership, critical thinking, organization, and communication skills to facilitate valuable results and optimize efficiency.
My proficiency, education, and experience in marine biology, along with my outstanding communication and writing skills, will contribute immensely to the success of Sansa Sciences. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
David S. Bostick