Biologist Cover Letter
Biologists study plants and animals either on the field or in a laboratory. Biologists are usually specialized in a certain area such as microbiology, ecology, or marine biology and complete the following job duties: carrying out experiments, making observations, writing for scientific papers, coordinating assistants, teaching students, writing reports, attending professional events, and updating their job knowledge. Field Biologists may also conduct censuses of endangered species or work for wildlife sanctuaries.
An eligible cover letter sample for Biologist usually mention job skills and qualifications such as:
- An interest in areas such as medicine, conservation, agriculture, and environment protection
- Practical scientific skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer competences
Those interested in a Biologist career can check relevant skills and qualifications in the example cover letter provided right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Biologist Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Dr. Whitstone:
I am submitting my resume for the position of Biologist. As a skilled microbiologist and researcher with 13 years of experience ensuring top-flight quality control and regulatory compliance while performing various microbial testing and validation projects, I am confident of my ability to make a significant contribution to your company.
My professional experience includes managing day-to-day laboratory operations while studying living organisms to ensure the achievement of highly accurate results. With my advanced education and my dedication to optimizing laboratory operations through superior management and team leadership skills, I am in an excellent position to impact performance at Natura Laboratories.
The following are a few highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Excelling as a Microbiologist with RainScope for the past nine years, supervising laboratory operations, animal-based experiments, compliance, data review / approval, root cause analyses, and project coordination while contributing to a high-performance laboratory team.
- Utilizing molecular biological approaches to experiments to identify and study changes in genetic levels.
- Achieving a Bachelor of Science in Biology; currently pursuing my PhD in Microbiology from the University of Texas.
- Demonstrating a consistently solid work ethic and sense of personal responsibility throughout my professional tenure.
My keen knowledge of biological testing, review, and validation—along with my ability to effectively coordinate and lead all facets of laboratory operations—will allow me to help continue and expand the success of your laboratory. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing my qualifications and this opportunity in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Joanna W. Wade