Laboratory Assistant Cover Letter
Laboratory Assistants provide support to researchers and laboratory biologists so they can focus on more complex tasks. Work activities of a Laboratory Assistant typically include: preparing samples and specimens, maintaining and calibrating equipment, presenting results to senior staff, adhering to safety procedures, carrying routine tasks based on methodologies, providing clerical support, and maintaining the working area clean and organized. Like most professionals, they are expected to update their knowledge of industry developments.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters, the ideal candidate for this job should demonstrate:
- Laboratory assistance experience
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment
- Meticulous attention to details and accuracy
- Being able to follow instructions
- Analytical thinking
- Training in medical technology or biology
- Computer competences
- Report writing skills
Similar job experience and abilities for Laboratory Assistant can be seen in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Laboratory Assistant Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Mendez:
I am submitting my resume for your consideration in regards to your posting for a new Laboratory Assistant. As a skilled and dedicated professional with experience performing a range of lab support functions and ensuring top-flight quality control and accuracy, I am confident that I could make a significant contribution to your facility in this role.
From preparing and testing specimens and keeping detailed records to maintaining lab equipment / tools and complying with safety regulations and requirements, my background has prepared me to excel in this position. In providing vital support to lab specialists and management teams, I have been able to continually ensure task prioritization and completion to meet defined turnaround deadlines and expectations. With my commitment to optimizing laboratory operations, I am in an excellent position to impact performance at Peterson Medical Laboratories.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Performing day-to-day functions—including instrumentation preparation, specimen sample gathering and analysis, and lab test order submission—to ensure a healthy operating medical laboratory.
- Managing patient referrals while accurately identifying and labelling samples and communicating with physician, nursing, and office personnel regarding laboratory results and protocols.
- Operating and maintaining various laboratory equipment such as centrifuges, cell washers, and balances.
- Earning a Bachelor of Science in Biology with a minor in Chemistry from the University of Toledo.
- Demonstrating a consistently solid work ethic and sense of personal responsibility throughout my educational and professional tenure.
My knowledge of technical laboratory operations and my ability to perform quality control procedures will allow me to help continue and expand the success of your facility. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss the position and my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Deirdre J. Cummings