Transport Manager Cover Letter
Transport Managers oversee the transportation of goods and equipment for a company, as well as overseeing the staff and vehicles involved in the transportation process. Standard work activities include creating and implementing transportation policies and procedures, coordinating shipping schedules and routes, negotiating with vendors and other contractors, developing shipping budgets and documenting sent and received shipments.
Below are some of the skills and accomplishments usually listed on Transport Manager cover letters.
- Associate’s Degree in Transportation Management
- Certification from the American Society of Transportation and Logistics
- Proficiency with inventory management software
- Organizational skills
- Detail Orientated
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Time Management skills
- Leadership skills
The following is a sample Transport Manager cover letter that showcases some of these skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Transport Manager Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Ricardo
Upon learning of your need for a Transport Manager, I am writing to submit my resume for review. As a Transport Manager with an Associate’s degree in Transportation Management and 3 years of experience as a Transport Manager, I think I have the assets necessary to succeed at your organization.
My professional experience includes coordinating and overseeing the shipping process, as well as all personnel involved with the transportation process. I think my experience will help me make an impact at Starline Logistics.
The following is a list of my most relevant skills and qualifications.
- Earned Associate’s degree in Transportation Management from SUNY Ulster
- Developed transportation policies and procedures, and ensured transportation staff followed them
- Ensured compliance with both federal and state transportation regulations
- Negotiated favorable terms with vendors
- Managed concerns and inspired excellent performance from transportation staff
I think one of the things that makes me unique compared to other candidates is my ambition. Now that I have three years of experience as a Transport Manager, I am looking to get certified by the American Society of Transportation and Logistics, which I think is an asset to any employer. If you are looking to grant me an interview, then please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thanks for your consideration