Licensed Practical Nurse Cover Letter
Licensed Practical Nurses are found in healthcare environments, such as hospitals or nursing homes, and are responsible for assisting physicians and registered nurses. Work responsibilities a candidate for a Licensed Practical Nurse position should expect include: admitting and discharging patients, preparing patients for procedures, collecting samples for tests, explaining treatments to patients, administering medication, monitoring vital signs, and recording medical history.
Eligible cover letters for Licensed Practical Nurse usually mention skills and qualifications such as the following:
- Nursing expertise
- Empathy and bedside manners
- Being able to stay calm in emergency situations
- Medical teamwork
- Stamina and physical strength
- Good observational skills
- Computer competences
- Health promotion and disease control
Just beneath is provided a cover letter sample highlighting comparable skills and experience required to a Licensed Practical Nurse.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Licensed Practical Nurse Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Glantz:
When I learned of your search for a skilled and dedicated Licensed Practice Nurse to join your team at the Flagstaff Medical Center, I quickly decided to send you my resume for your consideration. As an enthusiastic and patient-centric professional with eight years of experience providing a superior level of nursing care to sick and injured patients, I am confident that I would be a strong contributor in this role.
From performing physical assessments and administering medications to training fellow LPNs and nursing assistants and communicating compassionately with both patients and family members, my background and skill set has prepared me to excel in this position. Throughout my nursing career I have shown a consistent dedication to patient service excellence, complemented by the ability to put patients at ease through my personable and empathic demeanor. Furthermore, with my Licensed Practical Nurse Diploma received in 2008, I am well positioned to take on new challenges and establish a lasting commitment to the Flagstaff Medical Center.
Highlights of my qualifications include the following:
- Thriving as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the Windsor Bridge Health Center, providing direct and indirect patient care and support for up to 25 patients each day.
- Demonstrating solid experience in medication administration, vital signs, condition assessment, IV insertion, patient data documentation, and patient education.
- Interacting effectively and efficiently with doctors, peers, patients, and families to assess needs, identify appropriate treatments, and achieve goals.
- Demonstrating outstanding collaboration, leadership, time management, and organizational skills.
- Leveraging my warm, friendly, and articulate communication style to establish trusting patient and peer relationships.
The combination of my dedication to the nursing field and my compassionate, professional nature continues to define my abilities as a Licensed Practice Nurse. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss this position in more detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Barbara T. Garcia