Land Surveyor Cover Letter
Land Surveyors are charged with marking property boundaries. Common Land Surveyor duties include using complex equipment, measuring land, tracing contours, determining elevation, preparing documents, and determining land features.
A strong Land Surveyor cover letter will display some of the following skills and abilities:
- Surveying expertise
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret graphical data
Check out the example cover letter below to get an idea of how to highlight these skills into a cover letter.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Milner,
When I learned of the need for a new Land Surveyor in the city of East Elms, I hastened to submit my resume. I believe you’ll find that I have the skills and experience needed to excel in this position.
My professional experience as a Land Surveyor for The Bison Group included supervising a field crew to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas and dredging contours to A.C.O.E. standards, preparing legal and topographical documents and equipment and reviewing final survey data for accuracy. With my educational background in Civil Engineering and my technical skills in surveying, I am well positioned to exceed the expectations of the City of East Elms.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Applied civil engineering principles, practices, and methods pertaining to the conduct of property, topographic, construction, and related surveying.
- Performed Boundary Surveys, topos, and bathymetric surveys.
- Determined methods and procedures for establishing and reestablishing survey control.
- Kept accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe and certify work performed.
- Proficient with Topcon (GTS 225, GTS 3005, APL 1A Robotic), SMI (Juniper systems), TDS, Husky, and Geodimeter.
My training and experience as a Land Surveyor in the private sector make me uniquely qualified to fill this role supporting this great city. I look forward to discussing this position and my qualifications with you.
Thank you for your consideration.