Nurse Aide Cover Letter
Nurse Aides provide support to medical staff looking for residents in a care facility. Basic job responsibilities of a Nurse Aide are helping patients with daily activities, moving and repositioning patients, administering medication, monitoring patient health condition, identifying irregularities in vital signs, maintaining patient rooms clean, serving meals, clearing dishes after meals, changing bedding, providing companionship to residents, and completing other duties as assigned by medical staff and managers.
Employers select cover letters for Nurse Aides showcasing job requirements such as:
- Basic nursing skills
- Attention to details and good observational skills
- Stamina and the ability to lift patients
- Effective communication
- Bedside manners and empathy
- Being able to stay calm in case of emergency
- Good interpersonal skills
Those interested in a Nurse Aide career can check relevant skills and experience in the cover letter example provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Nurse Aide Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. West:
As a skilled and patient-centric Nurse Aide with 12 years of solid experience providing comprehensive healthcare services to a variety of patients, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting patient care allows me to substantially assist your establishment in meeting—and surpassing—its healthcare goals.
My background spans excellent experience providing basic day-to-day patient care while monitoring and reporting patient progress to nurses and liaising effectively between cross-functional teams. From maintaining daily activity logs and helping to administer medications to measuring blood pressure and preparing inhalants, I excel at performing an array of basic nursing services to patients of all ages. Furthermore, I possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, enabling me to comfort patients struggling with fear, sadness, pain, loss, and/or anxiety.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Delivering comprehensive basic patient care—including bathing, grooming, feeding, toileting, ambulating, meal preparation, basic nursing care, and other daily living activities—to ensure patients’ full safety and wellbeing.
- Documenting and monitoring patient care and progress, completing material and incident reports and adhering to all policies and guidelines while ensuring full patient confidentiality.
- Excelling in team-oriented collaborative environments with a keen focus on carrying out patient goals and objectives.
- Possessing superior levels of reliability, flexibility, and organization; patient and punctual with a strong work ethic; level-headed in high-stress situations.
- Earning credential as a Certified Nursing Assistant in West Virginia; certified in CPR and BLS.
With my expertise in assisting patients with a full range of nursing support tasks, I am confident I can greatly contribute to your organization as your next Nurse Aide. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Georgie E. Foltz